JEE exam is having two stages for selecting the candidate:
1. JEE Main 2016 : Courses in NITs, IIITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions etc.
2. JEE Advance 2016 : Courses in IITs/ISM Dhanbad.
Detailed information bulletin containing all details of JEE MAIN exam, syllabus, eligibility criteria to appear, age relaxation, examination fee, cities of examination, process of normalization of marks, State code of eligibility, age relaxation, eligibility for admission, reservation policies and important dates will be available on JEE (Main) website www.jeemain.nic.in from 1st December 2015. The aspirants are requested to read the information brochure carefully before applying for JEE Main 2016.
[Also Check : JEE MAIN 2016 : Important Dates ]
JEE MAIN 2016 : APPLICATION FORM
Aspirants are requested to apply online through JEE (Main) official website or from the direct link provided below that will redirect you to official website. Online application process will start from 1st December, 2015 (Tuesday) onward. Last date for online availability of application for JEE Main 2016 is 31st December, 2015. Here it is to be noted that eligibility criteria for JEE Main and JEE Advanced exam are different. So aspirants are requested to read the information brochure carefully and they themselves check and ensure their eligibility for JEE Main 2016 as per the criteria mention for JEE Main as well as JEE Advanced.
JEE Main 2016 : DETAILS OF EXAMINATION
JEE Main 2016 exam will be having two papers as follows:
1. Paper-1 (B.E. / B. Tech.), and
2. Paper-2(B. Arch./ B. Planning)
Depending on aspirants choice for taking admission in course he/she can select papers as:
May take Paper-1 (B.E. / B. Tech.), or Paper-2 (B. Arch./ B. Planning), or both.
Below is given subject combination for each paper, type of questions in each paper and mode of examination available:
Different courses require the papers as per given below table:
JEE Main 2016 : SCHEDULE OF EXAMINATION
Timing for Offline examination (Pen and Paper Based Examination) is given below:
Timing for Online examination (Computer Based Examination) for Paper 1 (B.E./B. Tech.) Only
JEE Main 2016 : Eligibility Criteria to Appearing in exam
1. Candidate must be born on or after 1 October, 1991 for General Category. There is a relaxation for candidates belonging to SC/ST and Person with Disablity(PwD). He/She must be born on or after 1 October, 1986.
2. Aspirants who have passed Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in year 2014 or 2015 or aspirants who are appearing in Class 12th Exam this year or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2016 are eligible to appear in JEE Main 2016 exam.
Aspirants who passed Class 12th or Qualifying exam in 2013 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2017 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2016.
Aspirants who appeared in class 12th / equivalent qualifying Examinations in 2013, did not pass in 2013, but passed in 2014 are also not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2016.
3. Allowed number of attempts which a aspirant can get at JEE Main shall be limited to 03 (three).
JEE Main 2016 : EXAMINATION FEE
JEE Main 2016 Exam fee will submitted through following mediums:
1. Through any Debit or Credit Card of any Bank.
2. Through E-challan generated after successful submission of online application form. Aspirant can deposit the fee through E-challan in any branch of Syndicate / Canara / ICICI / HDFC Bank.
Fee (in Indian Rupees INR) for JEE Main 2016 exam is as following:
JEE Main 2016 : ONLINE APPLICATION FORM SUBMISSION
Steps to be followed for applying online Application Form:
Step 1: Download and read carefully the information brochure of JEE Main 2016 to ensure that you are eligible.
Step 2: Make sure that you are having scanned Images of your recent Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression ready in JPG format only.
Step 3: Go to official website of JEE Main 2016 or click on the DIRECT LINK provided below.
Step 4: Click on the Tab “Online Application form JEE Main 2016“.
Step 5: Fill in the Online Application Form with correct and proper information. Any incorrect information or improper information may lead to rejection of your application form.
Step 6: Upload Scanned Images of Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression in the correct box as required.
Step 7: Pay JEE Main 2016 Exam Fee by any Debit or Credit card or e-challan (which will be generated after submission of details in online application form).
Step 8: Most necessary step : Download Acknowledgement Slip and keep it in safe custody for future reference.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Aspirant should mention only his/her own correct Mobile Number and E- Mail ID while submitting online application form.